Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

 Today we met up with some friends of mine that I have known for many, many years and we went downtown to the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It was the longest parade I have ever been to lasting almost 2 hours...but the kids did awesome...not one complaint...the weather was amazing...we had a great time!

Here we all are!  Amanda, Kurt, Averie and I, Amanda, Sadie, Addison, Ella, Robin and Carrie.  Not pictured are Bernice and Luke.







 Only in Peoria would you see a man sitting on a toilet in the parade.  This was actually a float for a local plumber.  Welcome to small town living!!

 One of the local bars had a float and they were throwing out baked potatoes to the crowd.  Sadie was so excited when she got one and then once she found out it was a potato...she wasn't too happy!  So her mommy ate it!

Ella, on the other hand, was extremely excited to get a potato!

 Once again...only in central Illinois do you find farm equipment in a parade!!

 Of course being this close to Illinois voting in the primaries, there were many political floats.  Most of them were very serious and not tacky.  Seriously...how can I take this guy seriously and vote for him when he is dressed as a leprechaun!?!?!

 We saw several people in the parade that we knew.  Dillon is waving at us.

 Tom, Lori, Tim, Callie, and Emmi.




No comments: