Sunday, July 22, 2012

Father's Day

I know Father's Day was awhile ago...I'm a little behind!  ;)  But I had to share a project of mine.  Kurt's grandpa had this goal that he wanted to visit all 50 states in his lifetime.  Shortly before he passed away he visited the last of the 50 states.  He kept this map and whenever he visited a state, he would color that state in.  Here is a picture of him coloring in his 50th state.


So since then, Kurt has always said that he would like to do the same thing and visit all 50 states together.  So I had seen this idea on the Silhouette blog that I thought would be neat!  So I used my handy dandy Silhouette machine and made Kurt his own map for Father's Day to keep track of the states we have visited.  It has become some artwork and it hangs in our bedroom now.  There is a pin in each state we have visited (which is currently 17 states) but you can't see them very well.  I need to find something else to use to mark each state.  I thought it turned out great!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spy with my little eyes, a state that needs a pin that we could help make happen! - Kasey

Grandma Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Jean said...

Good luck on your journey! Grandpa was an amazing man....Kurt reminds me of Grandpa in many ways! He was so proud of you, and would be honored to see you both following in his footsteps.