Friday, February 26, 2010

Just a little update...

Hello all! I have not posted anything in awhile...I guess nothing exciting going on. But I figured I had better post something because if I know my sister-in-law Kasey, she is checking this blog every day and counting how many days it has been since my last post so that she can remind me of that fact. Mainly because I did that exact thing to her and because she is a lot like her brother in that regards!! I have not even taken any pictures lately to post.
The Pepperell family is doing fine. We were so busy there for awhile with the kitchen that we have been trying to spend our free time relaxing. As I type this, Kurt is outside taking the Christmas decorations down...we are aware that it is February 26 and that we are the last ones in our neighborhood to take them down...but if it is any consolation, we have not had the Christmas lights on since New Years Eve. We ALWAYS tuck away all Christmas decorations the first weekend in January but there was a snow storm that weekend...and pretty much every weekend since then. It is still pretty cold today, and there is still snow on the ground, but it is sunny so there is no better time than today!!!
Which brings to me to my next point...I AM SOOOOO OVER WINTER!!!! It is not that we have gotten tons of snow this year but each snow storm we did get was perfectly spread out so that there has been snow on the ground for about two months now. Kurt and I are outdoors people and the fact that we are stuck inside is depressing. There is nothing I like about winter and I cannot wait for Spring!!!
Our families are doing great!!! My mom and dad are redecorating the first floor of their house with fresh paint, new flooring, and new furniture. My brother and sis-in-law recently sold their house and are renting a house until they can find the home they are looking for. My niece Ada is going to be one in April which is mind blowing. It seems like just yesterday that my brother was calling me on my birthday to tell me Sara was pregnant. Ada is very mobile now, claps, and waves. She is too cute!! The Pepperell family is going to be all together for Easter and then again in June for a family vacation...it is a big deal when we can actually get every one's schedules to work out. So we are really looking forward to that! It will be the first time we will have all three Pepperell babies together...it will be the highlight!! Grace just turned 5 and is still a beautiful little girl with an equally beautiful personality! Cillian is about 2 1/2 months old and was blessed with the cutest cheeks there ever were on a baby!! Addison talks about her cousins a lot so it will be nice for her to be able to play with them!!
As for Addison...well, were do I begin? She is still the bubbly, cuddly, happy little girl she has always been. She is almost 29 months old and there isn't much she can't do...or so she thinks!!! She loves to help around the house, repeats EVERYTHING you say, and is really getting into pretend play. Her newest thing is when you ask her to do something she will say "yup, I sure can." It is like you have just made a business deal with her and all you asked her to do was pick up a toy off of the floor. Kurt and I totally do not know where she got the expression from, because neither one of us says it! She is totally a toddler...tantrums and all! We love her to pieces and there still is not a day that she does not make us laugh or put a smile on our faces.
2010 is shaping up to be a great year!!

3 comments:

kpepperell said...

Great entry, Nic! Doesn't sound like nothing has been going on to me. ;) I am looking forward to our mini reunion in April and then big one in June! I am looking forward to watching those nieces and nephew interact with each other. Thanks for the update...I love how you and Kasey keep each other accountable.

PS: I know for a fact that Kasey is not the only one who checks the blogs everyday! ;)

Grandma Jean said...

You are supposed to check it every day or is it several times a day (even when I work 8-9 hours)?

You are doing a great job, keeping us updated. I can never hear too much about those grandkids!!!! They are grand!!!!!

I am also interested to hear about my kids, so thanks for keeping me updated on that too!!!

Can't wait for the appetizer in April and the full meal deal in June. I am so excited!!!!! I need a countdown calendar!!!

Greg, Kasey, and Cillian said...

I was counting. You know me too well. I just love updates from your guys, even without pictures. Can't wait to see you guys!