Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're back!! We had a great time visiting our family in Texas. We flew down there on May 21 and stayed for 6 days. It was Addi's first time flying and she did as well as we could expect. The flight down there was good. We were able to occupy her with snacks and a movie most of the time but by the end of it she was getting a little squirmy. The flight back was a different story. Michele dropped us off at the airport at 11 for our 12:20 flight. So we checked in, went through security, and ate lunch. We went to go to our gate and our flight had been postponed to 2:20 because of mechanical issues with the plane. So, we had two hours to waste. Addi was starting to get a little fussy because she had missed her morning nap, so we put her in the stroller and walked the airport so that she could take a nap. She napped for about a half an hour. By the time we got on the plane, we could not expect much of her. She ate a snack, but the toys and a movie were not cutting it. She was not happy to be sitting there and to make it worse, it was storming in Peoria and so our landing was rough. By the time we got home, Kurt and I were exhausted!! But while we were in Texas, we had a wonderful time!! Kris and Michele's house is beautiful and Grace gave us a tour of the whole house as soon as we got there...including all the closets! We took the girls to the zoo, on a horse and carriage ride, to the pool twice, and fishing. We also found time to eat out a few times, grill out, go for a couple of walks around the neighborhood, and some shopping!! Grace and Addison were exceptionally adorable together and played well the whole trip. We hated to leave...but back to reality! Thanks Texas Pepperells for letting us visit, we will see you real soon!


The girls on the horse and carriage ride.


Addison playing in the sand.


Kurt told Addi to blow the turtle a kiss and instead she licked the glass!?!?!?


This is the girly-girl who had to wear a dress every day...playing with and ripping apart worms!!


While everyone else was fishing, Addi played with sticks and bugs. You can't see it, but she is playing with a Roley-poly.

2 comments:

Grandma Jean said...

It seems like I remember two other little girls who only liked to wear dresses or skirts! Grace always reminds me of her Aunt Kim and Aunt Kasey. I don't think Aunt Kasey wore anything but dresses her first year of school!!!!

Can't wait until we can all get together. Only 4 more weeks. I miss all of you, and that includes the Peoria and Marquette Heights bunch!

kpepperell said...

Do I have the best family, or what?!? I so wish I could have been out there at the same time to see those beautiful girls play together and enjoy having a cousin...can't wait for more to come...maybe a boy this time... Can't wait to see everyone at the end of the month! I hope we will find something to talk about....LOL! I would hate for it to be silent. Has that ever happened? Pepperells being silent????