Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today we went to the Peoria Zoo. They recently opened up the Africa exhibit and it is really nice!! Even better....today was "free" day at the zoo, so I got in free. We went with Sherry Meyer and her son Kyler who is 3. We also took a picnic lunch and ate at the park outside the zoo and then the kids played for awhile. The kids were exhausted!! Addison loved this turtle she could climb on and all the turtles in the zoo. I let her choose a toy in the gift shop too and out of all of the stuffed animals she could have chosen from, she picked a little plastic turtle for 89 cents. I think I can handle that!
We decided to try and break Addison of her binky this week. Two of the children I watch are on vacation, so I thought it would be a great time to do it. Who knows when we will have another chance like this one. We have tried for two days now and it is horrible. The first day was rough but she ended up having a pretty good night so I thought maybe this was going to be easier that I had thought. I then tried to lay her down for a nap this afternoon and it was horrible. She was hysterical and actually acted afraid of her crib. She has ALWAYS been a FANTASTIC sleeper and I cannot stand the thought that we could be creating a sleeping problem all because of the pacifier. So I gave in and gave her the binky for her nap. She was out quickly, and quietly, and has been asleep so far for 2 1/2 hours and counting. She is worn out!! So I am not sure where we are going to go from here but we may just try again when she is a little older and we can maybe reason with her. Who knows...
As long as the weather stays nice for the weekend, Kurt is going to reroof the house. I cannot wait until it is done, the house will look nice. Not looking forward to the mess though!

2 comments:

Grandma Jean said...

Just got back from a wonderful time in Texas, but missing my Peoria Pepperells. Love, Love, Love that picture of Addi on the turtle. Can't wait to see you all. Lots to do to catch up!!!! Talk to you soon.

kpepperell said...

You better hope her cheap taste continues. :) She looks so grown up on that turtle. Miss you guys! Good luck with the roof.