
We hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!! Next to Christmas, it is my favorite holiday. I wish people were more patriotic every day...not just one day a year, but I will take what I can get!! We started off our celebration with our neighborhood's annual parade. It is mainly for the kids so they don't make too big of a deal of it, but it is cute and Addi loves it. So we decorated her wagon and paraded through the neighborhood. At the end of the parade they have treats for the kids. Then we had around 20 friends and family members over to the house for a picnic. Kurt made pulled pork sandwiches and everyone brought a side or dessert. It was great company!! Then that night, many of us went down to the riverfront to watch Peoria's fireworks. We have gone to this for the last several years but just a couple of years ago, the city got really into it and started putting on an awesome show. This year was fantastic...best year yet! First of all, there is over 200,000 people crammed along both sides of the riverfront and so it is pretty loud...but when everyone stands up and says The Pledge of Allegiance...it is awesome!! Then the fireworks are amazing! This year, instead of doing a 10 second finale at the end of the last song, they just did a finale during the whole last song...spectacular!! By the end of the song, my chest was just pounding...I loved it!! Addi did awesome with the fireworks again this year!! This was her third time going to the riverfront and watching fireworks, she was only nine months old the first time she went and she has loved it ever since. We did have a small emergency right before the fireworks started. We had given Addi some of those bracelets and necklaces that you bend and then they glow. Well, she must have been chewing on one and it broke open, it was all over her dress and some on her hands. I don't think she actually got any in her eye but I think she rubbed her eye with her hands and it irritated it. She freaked out and started screaming. So we washed it out with water and she rubbed it a lot and it took her awhile to calm down but by the time the fireworks started, she was fine. By the next morning, her eye looked fine and did you know, that junk washes out of clothing!!!! I was for sure her dress was a goner! We hope everyone had an equally fantastic holiday weekend!!

Waving her flag during the parade.

Addi's pink popsicle!

Ada checking out baby Claire.

Cousin Ada was so pooped, she fell asleep in the swing!

Patiently waiting for the fireworks.

Addi and her buddy Sadie.

Watching the fireworks with daddy!
2 comments:
Thanks again for hosting another fabulous party. We always have fun no matter what the weather. It is just fun being together. So glad the emergency was minor...even minor ones are scary when they are happening. (Ask mom about the time Kasey drank lamp oil) I must agree with you that one of the highlights is before the fireworks when everyone stands and recites the pledge and sings the anthem. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish everyone was more patriotic, too. Thanks again for the pictures!
The perfect ending to a perfect day! I look forward to our July get together every year! Thanks for hosting the fun party! I'm getting kind of use to these family get togethers! I'll soon have withdrawals!
Post a Comment