OK...so I know that she is not reading it and that she just has the pictures and words memorized but this mommy is still very impressed! This is the first time I have heard her recite a book like this and the crazy thing is that her Momo just gave her this book 4 days ago. I have maybe read it to her a hand full of times. This was also the first time she wanted to read to me. She has several of these beginning reading books and she seems very interested in them!! I just love it when you can see the whole learning process taking place!!
2 comments:
Aunt Kim is very impressed, too! :) She has Directional Movement (top/bottom and left/right), one-to-one matching of finger to print almost consistently, and can carry meaning on a page (the pictures are there to help them...something I am always telling the parents of my students~Don't cover them up!~they still do...ugh). Most importantly....she can sit through it and wants to read it herself! Yippee! Does this reading specialist's heart good...and it doesn't have anything to do with bias...although I do have very smart nieces and nephew. ;) Keep the videos coming! (Maybe her dad would have read more if he knew he was being videoed)
Amen and Amen!!!!!!
Post a Comment