Monday, October 4, 2010

Minnie Mouse Party Decorations

I'm not a huge fan of party store decorations...so when Addi said she wanted a Minnie Mouse party for her third birthday....I was lost. After I started searching the Internet, I found all kinds of ideas. I made all the decorations with a little help from Kurt. I LOVE to do this kind of stuff... and Kurt thinks I am crazy...because I already have some ideas for next year!!

Chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting....a request from the birthday girl!

Minnie Mouse heads...Sooooo simple and yet so cute!

Fruit kabobs, Oreos dunked in white chocolate, and marshmallows.

My sister-in-law makes the best chocolate covered popcorn!



Cotton Candy Cones


This was the kids table....it was pretty windy and so that ruined a few of the plans that I had. There is suppose to be some zebra print and pink balloons in the middle of the table but they would have been slapping the kids in the face as they tried to eat their yummy treats!


I LOVED this pinata when it was all done...but getting it done was quite the process! I had found one on line like this and fell in love with it but they wanted $35 plus shipping for it without the candy inside. So I figured, how hard can it be....I will make my own. WOW! It wasted hard to make but it was very tedious. Kurt built the shape of the pinata out of cardboard and hung it with a coat hanger. Then he and I covered it first with tissue paper and then made the "ruffles" with crepe paper. It may have taken us four days to get it done but we made it for a grand total of $8 plus the cost of candy!

1 comment:

Grandma Jean said...

Wow!!! What fun!!!!!

I can't believe that it has been three years since we were all eagerly awaiting the arrival of that little girl. Such a long day!!! But she is worth every minute of it!

Love you with all my heart.