Friday, February 18, 2011

What Is It?

It may be the teacher in me...but I LOVE children's artwork! So I know what you are thinking...what is it? Well, this morning Addi comes up to me and asks for some paper and scissors (she has been obsessed with cutting with scissors lately.) So I got her some paper and scissors and she sat down at the table and started cutting away. A little later she comes to me and asks for some glue. So I ask her why she needs glue and she shows me this masterpiece she has created all on her own and she wanted to glue it all together. So I got her some glue and she finished her work! And the result...is this fantastic artistic portrayal that I am sure only a mother can love! Seriously...I am so proud of her! So you can't see it really well because she used all orange paper but this is a picture of a person that she cut out all by herself and glued together. It has a face but like I said, it is also orange so it does not show up real well. I am so very impressed because she came up with the concept of cutting out each shape of paper and putting it all together to actually make something. Now that takes some imagination!!

2 comments:

Grandma Jean said...

Nope!!!! Not just a mother---a Momo can LOVE it too--and be really impressed! I too am so proud of her, (and her Mom and Dad too)!

kpepperell said...

I would have to disagree too...an Aunt can LOVE it too!...and that isn't just the teacher in me. She is truly amazing! That is pretty impressive for a three year old. BTW..I knew what it was right away. I think it is a picture of her Daddy. LOL