Monday, December 1, 2008











Call us crazy, but we went out in the wind, and snow, and cold yesterday to get our Christmas tree. It is a tradition that my parents started when I was a little girl. We didn't miss many years and so we have done this for about 25 years. We took Addi last year and we are going to continue our tradition as long as possible. So, grammy and grampy Skolaski, uncle Ryan, Kurt, Addi, and I went to Grady's Christmas Tree Farm. It was so cold and there were a few inches of snow on the ground but Addi could not have been any better!! She was wearing three layers of clothes and was wrapped in a blanket. She couldn't have moved if she wanted to. She rode in the sled the whole time and never cried or made a peep. She literally did not move!! We had to laugh at her. She has never been more cooperative, we were very proud of her!! It was the quickest trip in the history of the Christmas tree farm, but we got a beautiful tree that Addi helped decorate, and undecorate, and decorate, and undecorate....





3 comments:

spedigo83 said...

Ryan said that you guys had such a nice time on Sunday cutting down the trees. I hated to miss it. I really enjoy going with you guys. I can't wait to see Addi this weekend. It seems like forever since I've seen that cute little face.

Aunt Sara

kpepperell said...

It's funny! I don't see any pictures of Nicole decorating the tree??? Don't worry! I have some! And...I promise not to make them into a Christmas Card...at least not this year!

Anonymous said...

That snow looks sooooo cold. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season and Addi. We are looking forward to our visit.