Friday, January 29, 2010

Kitchen Renovation Day One




So this is the weekend we are going to get the majority of the kitchen done. Kurt started this afternoon by taking all the cupboard doors off. And then tonight he pulled off all the floor boards, back splash, and most of the laminate on the counter top. He pulled out all of the nails holding the counter down and so tomorrow we will just have to pull the counter top right off. Then we patched a bunch of nail holes and prepped the walls for painting. Our friend Patrick is coming to help tomorrow and Addison is going to stay with Momo and Papa Skolaski for the weekend. She will have more fun there than here!!!! Our plans for tomorrow are to get the new counter top and sink installed, lots of sanding, and start painting. This morning I was very reluctant to get this started and really dreaded the whole thing, but now that we have gotten this far (and there is no turning back) I am very excited for tomorrow and to get this kitchen finished. I think it will look great! I am so happy that I married such a handy man!!!!

3 comments:

Grandma Jean said...

We are glad that you married him too!!!!

Can't wait to see the new kitchen!

kpepperell said...

You are a very lucky girl! I am still hoping for a handyman too!...but...I am going to copy those words down...and remind you of that later! LOL! (I am glad you married him,too, Sista!

Greg, Kasey, and Cillian said...

Grandpa Jenkins would be so proud of him!

I am glad you married him too!