In Juno we went whale watching. A M A Z I N G!! But first we had to get to shore. There were too many cruise ships docked in Juno so our ship had to drop anchor in the bay and then they taxied the 2000+ people who wanted to go to shore in the emergency boats. It was interesting but VERY organized!
Crab fisherman wannabees!!
I really wanted to see a moose and a whale while I was in Alaska. We saw plenty of whales but not one moose. The whale watching was spectacular. They are so massive
yet extremely graceful! We learned that a baby whale gains 7 pounds an hour. How insane is that!?!?!
The only whales we saw were humpback whales. Most of the pictures we got (they are not the easiest to photograph because you never know when they are going to surface) are of a mama and her baby which was sooooo cute to watch. The baby was very playful and we watched him for about half an hour. He would splash and breech (that is when they shoot up out of the water and then slam their body back down) and lay on his back and slap the water with his fins.
This is breeching.
We did not get as close as this picture seems. The next three pictures are zoomed in.
I just thought these last three pictures were beautiful. This one is of the Mendenhal Glacier.
The sun did not shine very often while we were in Alaska but I thought this picture was cool. I like how the sun just lit up those trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment