Ketchikan was our first stop in Alaska. All of the towns we stopped at in Alaska were cozy and cute and really only existed because of tourists. We were sitting and eating breakfast near a window when our ship docked in Ketchikan and while we were sitting there, another cruise ship passed us to dock. It was a little too close for my liking!
I guess I never realized how remote most of Alaska is. Most of the cities do not even have roads connecting them and so to get around you either own a boat or plane.
Thought this was a cool picture!
Eagle's nest.
Can't remember the name of this rock now but it is actually a plug to an underwater volcano.
It just looks like an island in the middle of the ocean.
In Ketchikan, we took a boat tour of a fjord.
This is the beginning of a glacier.
One of my favorite pictures of the whole trip! I may just have it framed!
A Native American painting on the side of a rock. It is of a sun.
Sea lions.
Lots of sea lions!
I thought this one was kind of ironic. While we were enjoying the views of the sea lions laying on this island...there were two bald eagles perched up on the rocks looking for their next meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment